Digestive diseases require treatments through multidisciplinary approach. This groundbreaking master programme combines the expertise of different specialists to deliver an unrivaled multidisciplinary medical education.
You will gain insights into management strategies for gastrointestinal and liver cancers from a spectrum of specialties:
As a result, you will have comprehensive knowledge in the principles in gastroenterology and an in depth understanding of various digestive diseases.
GAST5002 - Interventions and Pharmacology in Gastroenterology (2 Units)
- To illustrate the role on therapeutic endoscopy.
- To understand the basic principles of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery.
- To illustrate the role of minimally invasive interventional radiology on treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
- To provide an overview of interventional radiology in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
- To provide knowledge on the clinical pharmacology in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders.
GAST5003 - Nutrition and Dietetics (1 Unit)
- To provide basic knowledge on the physiology from absorption to metabolism of nutrients.
- To provide an overview on food and nutrition.
- To establish foundation knowledge for nutrition intervention in different disease groups.
GAST5005 - Liver, Hepatobiliary, and Pancreatic diseases (1.5 Units)
- To understand the basic pathologies of hepatitis, hepato-biliary and pancreatic diseases.
- To understand the common clinical presentations of different liver parenchymal, hepato-biliary and pancreatic conditions using a multidisciplinary approach.
- To illustrate with clinical examples the clinical management of viral hepatitis, common hepato-biliary and pancreatic condition.
- To provide an overview on office management of viral hepatitis, common hepato-biliary and pancreatic diseases.
GAST5007 - Psychological Intervention, Counseling and Complementary Medicine (1.5 Units)
- To introduce the concept of biopsychosocial model in development of functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- To provide an understanding on the relationship between psychological disorders and gastrointestinal diseases.
- To provide an overview of the role of psychological intervention and psychotropic therapy in management of functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- To provide basic training on the clinical skills of diagnosis and management of patients with functional gastrointestinal and psychological disorders.
- To provide an understanding on the role of complementary and alternative medicine in management of digestive diseases.
GAST5008 - Interactive Workshops - Practical Management of Common GI Diseases (1 Unit)
- To understand about the management of common GI diseases through interactive based learning.
- To illustrate the management of common GI diseases through case discussion.
- To learn the differential diagnosis and management of common GI diseases through sessions of interactive quiz.
- To understand and expose to various devices for investigation of common GI diseases through hands-on sessions.
EVALUATIVE AND CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS TRAINING
In the era of information supernova, evaluative skills are crucial in sorting relevant and useful information in an unbiased manner. It is especially imperative for medical professionals who navigate through volumes of medical literature, to possess critical thinking skills. Our programme is designed to equip you with cutting-edge research methodologies, medical statistics and clinical practices. Our distinguished faculty will guide you through an exciting tour in the world of clinical research in gastroenterology.
Strong leadership skills are a critical asset in today’s job market. To distinguish yourself as a leading medical practitioner, you must be able to provide the best patient care and to lead a team and manage its operation. Healthcare professionals face challenges such as finding the balance between financial responsibilities, human resource demands and competitive constrains with the patient care mission of their organizations.
The Master of Science in Gastroenterology programme prepares you for these daunting challenges. Some courses specifically cover all aspects required in healthcare management. Our lecturer panel is comprised of senior managers in healthcare policy, experienced human resource managers and training consultants. They discuss the clinical and everyday issues encountered in healthcare organizations. Selected topics of discussions cover problem solving skills, complaint management, crisis management and strategic planning. Advanced management techniques can help you establish an outstanding portfolio for your career advancement.
As a student of the Master of Science in Gastroenterology, you will be invited to exclusive, world-class medical conferences such as the institute’s signature event, the International Digestive Disease Forum (IDDF), the Practical Workshop in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy. At these large events, you will meet intelligent young investigators, top scholars and some of the industry’s most important influencers. A great way to introduce yourself to people who matter in the field and expand your professional network. The unparallelled networking opportunities you get from IDD will place you in the right place, the right time, with the right people—key factors to launching or advancing your career!
Our programme attracts students from various countries and professional backgrounds. Enrolled in our programme, you will have easy access to professionals within your specialty and from a diverse field of specialties. You will be stimulated by innovative ideas and be inspired by an ongoing exchange of knowledge at an institution with a global reputation for achievement. You will find yourself in a vibrant educational community that looks outward to engage with the best.
(852) 2637 3201
Institute of Digestive Disease
Room 94020, 7/F, Lui Che Woo Clinical Sciences Building,
Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
(852) 2646 8915